Charles Darwin said “It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.” Yet, many of us resist this most natural of occurrences. Feeling that “negative” change, problems or challenges shouldn’t happen to us. Limiting our evolution.
Everything changes all the time, even if we don’t realize it. The scene outside will never be exactly the same as what you witnessed this morning and the body you inhabit is changing as you read this. Deepak Chopra highlights this last point with these amazing statistics. “You make a new liver every six weeks, a new skin once a month, a new stomach lining every five weeks, a new skeleton every three months, the brain cells every year and the DNA (which holds the memory of millions of years of evolution) comes and goes every six weeks. If you want to account for every atom in the body, it is all replaced in less than two years.”
If I had resisted change in my life, I wouldn’t have embraced the lesson in my father’s passing and created the Genie. When we first began granting wishes it was only meant to be a road trip from Montreal to Miami. That changed into having car dealerships sponsoring us before we began hosting inspirational events with spiritual leaders. And now the last few years have seen us explore a TV series with the Tiny Book of Magic book coming to the forefront this fall. Constant dynamic in the moment change coming from the stillness of Love.
I realize that dealing with major life changes can be disturbing and challenging. Compelling me to share some tactics that may help you find the magic within this expansion:
- Embrace and initiate change. Try something new everyday. Doing something that may scare you will cultivate a habit that will help you view change as it really is – a natural condition.
- Don’t resist. Begin to understand that change is like quicksand. The more you struggle the worse it gets. Accept it and you’ll come out the other side much faster.
- Find your depth. Culture a deep connection with the creator of change – your soul. Mediate, go for walks, listen to your intuition.
- Be logical. You didn’t come this far to only come this far. Things aren’t as bad as they seem.
- Deal with it. Hiding your head in the sand doesn’t make change go away. Do one thing that you’ve been putting off. You’ll feel better.
- Look for the lesson. Once you find it, you’ll move to the next challenge in this game of life.
If you look back on all the challenges you’ve overcome to reach this point in your life, one major insight may appear. They’ve made you much stronger. Revealing a depth you may not have thought was there. The truth is, much of the magic of your life will take place outside your comfort zone. Becoming OK with this is an important aspect to a wishes fulfilled life. Because change will happen, whether you like it or not.
Anaïs Nin’s insight “And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.” is something you may want to contemplate. Accept change, release the pain, and bloom into your magnificence. Now is your time.