Did you know 80 percent of people between the ages of 18-44 check their smartphones within 15 minutes of waking up? A very poor waste of a crucial time of the day when your creative brain is at its best. Begin to think of your time immediately after waking up and before going to sleep as your cosmic anchors. Dreams, being an expression of spirit, the truest you, need fertile space to grow and take shape. Mediation and living in the NOW allows this remembrance. Without it, you may begin to feel lost, grasping on wishes that may not even be yours while scrolling through everyone’s shiny lives on the Facebook news feed.
The first thing I immediately do every morning (other than having a pee of course) is drink a big glass of lemon water then mediate. No matter what. No matter how busy I am, no matter where I am. If I’m on the road in a noisy city and need quiet, I meditate with earphones and music. If I need to be on a morning show at 5am for a genie surprise I wake up at 3:30am. Point is, it’s easy to find an excuse to not meditate. I’ve heard them all. Don’t do that to yourself. Do what you have to do.
If you’d like some help getting started try to remember this quote by Deepak Chopra “Prayer is speaking to God. Meditation is allowing spirit to speak to you.” I’ve also listed a few awesome online meditations/music that were referred to me by various spiritual leaders in the past few years.
Meditation Guides and Music
- Probably my favourite (that I mentioned in a previous email) is one that Wayne Dyer shared with me from Sandguru here:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAD53Ka9AOQ
- Wayne also gave me a great CD with an “I Am” Meditation that is available on youtube here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A96OI4b8sFY The music is set to a different frequency than what you typically hear and is pretty awesome. If you’d like to purchase/listen it on iTunes it is available here:https://itunes.apple.com/ca/album/i-am-wishes-fulf…
- Another tool I use regularly is Deepak Chopra and Oprah’s great free guided 21 day mediations. They have a new one coming out soon called “Getting Unstuck” https://chopracentermeditation.com
- Most recently Eckhart’s team gifted me this mediation music. I listened to it for my morning meditation today. https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/eckhart-tolles-m…
- Gabrielle Bernstein used this music for a group mediation we had in St John’s while praying for an attendee to overcome illness with the light of love. Very powerful. It’s called Ek Ong Kar Sat Gur Prasad by Jai-Jagadeesh and can be found with a little searching here: http://www.jaijagdeesh.com
- And, on a final note, my dear friend and mediation buddy Jesse Stirling just passed this gift along recently: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDKi0BMDH8M
I hope it helps!